The project aims to bridge the existing knowledge gap among the major climate change stakeholders in Nepal and facilitate a process of informing, empowering and influencing Nepalese people and the government to take effective actions towards addressing climate change and its impacts.
Objectives: The overall objective of the project is to contribute to climate change adaptation and mitigation in Nepal. The specific objective is: Non State Actors (NSAs) in Nepal have increased capacity to engage in national, regional and global decision-making processes related to climate change and to influence policies.
Approach: Clean Energy Nepal as a secretariat of Climate Change Network Nepal (CCNN) is coordinating the project activities in Nepal. OXFAM and European Union financially support this project.
Activities: the major activities under this project are
· Organize community level orientation in Nepal on NAPA and community based climate change adaptation: 24 orientation
· Organize national consultation with NSA on country position on climate change negotiations before Conference of Parties (COP) and intercessions
· Organize regular consultation with the climate change negotiators every year
· Organize roundtable every year with key government, private sector and civil society stakeholders on climate change policies and programmes
· Organize Pre COP/Post COP Briefing/Debriefing every year
· Organize Climate Change Adaptation fairs
Outcomes: These activities have been instrumental in scaling up climate change debates and discourses in Nepal with engagement of wider stakeholders and expanded outreach from community to the global negotiations level.